Accidents and illnesses can happen at any time, in fact 1 in 3 people, on average, will be disabled for 90 days or longer at least once before age 65. In addition, a disability that can affect your for more than 90 days can statistically last over 2.9 years. Protecting your earning potential is as important as insuring your car or home. Disability insurance is designed to provide a source of income if you are unable to work due to a disability and offers guaranteed coverage and guaranteed premiums.
Why do you need Disability Insurance:
- Worker Compensation only covers work related accidents
- Unemployment insurance only covers 15 weeks
- Medical and prescriptions costs can add up significantly
- Government benefits are very limited
- Group coverage will only match a percentage of your income and thus can be insufficient